[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] [GTLD-WG] Next possible move related to GDPR

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 4 16:38:14 UTC 2018

Thananswer is both yes an no.

First, you should remove the "complies with GDPR"
part. That is a given it is not an option.
Period. But exactly WHAT will be deemed to comply
with GDPR is the real question. And that is what
the discussion is really about.

*I* want to make information that will be useful
to cybersecurity folks and those who create
reputation serves and spam filters as easy for
them to access as possible. Other want to erect
high and difficult barriers. Those barriers may
come in the form of the detailed rational for
every bit of information, or whether the process is automated or manual.

"consumer protection" is a public good issue that
is a given. But HOW it is achieved is the difficult part.

Alan