[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] [GTLD-WG] Next possible move related to GDPR

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 17:47:54 UTC 2018

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018, 18:25 Alan Greenberg, <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Thananswer is both yes an no.
>
> First, you should remove the "complies with GDPR" part. That is a given it
> is not an option. Period. But exactly WHAT will be deemed to comply with
> GDPR is the real question. And that is what the discussion is really about.
>
> *I* want to make information that will be useful to cybersecurity folks
> and those who create reputation serves and spam filters as easy for them to
> access as possible.

SO: How to create "easy as possible" access to those ones without extending
a hand to the non reputable ones seem to be one of my personal concern

Other want to erect high and difficult barriers. Those barriers may come in
> the form of the detailed rational for every bit of information, or whether
> the process is automated or manual.

SO: Unless you don't think "legitimate" access is important, I don't see
how barriers won't exist, though I agree it mustn't be difficult and
shouldn't if the mechanism is clearly layed out.

If cyber security/spam filtering effort will be efficient then there needs
to be an effort to put them ahead of what is accessible in the public hence
a gated access for legitimate purpose may be required.

Personally I think it may be easy to identify legitimate request from
agencies involved in cyber security but that of spam filtering agencies is
a loose cannon IMO. If an AntiVirus provider claim they are looking to see
a virus free OS, better run!

Regards