[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] [GTLD-WG] Next possible move related to GDPR

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 4 20:55:47 UTC 2018

Me again

Agree with Alan and a reminder - we are NOT talking about whether the solution complies with the GDPR.  It MUST. End story.

Next - Alan is right - there is plenty of room in the GDPR to flesh out what is meant by law enforcement. But the GDPR is also very clear - there should be no access to personal data for the public generally.

So the middle ground within which this debate has to be held: Within those parameters, we have to work through who gets access under the law enforcement rubric - how do we fashion that definition, and then, access must only be for legitimate reasons.  So again - we need to work through those definitions.

So really, the debate is within that framework.

Holly