[CPWG] Draft Responses to several sections of the New gTLD SubPro Initial Report as at 12 Sep

Justine Chew justine.chew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:20:23 UTC 2018

All,

Due to timing issues, I may not be able to join this call again,
unfortunately.

Notwithstanding, I note there has been a little confusion in the assignment
of topics to volunteer penholders listed under the agenda.  In response, I
would like to propose a couple of changes to item 5 as follows:

(1) item e. Batching Applicant Assessment/Applicant Support - Justine Chew,
Alberto Soto, Marita Moll, Tijani Ben Jemaa -- as Batching Applicant
Assessment and Applicant Support do not go together in the Initial Report, omit
"Batching Applicant Assessment" from e. and place it as item "i.
Applications Assessed in Rounds/Batching Applicant Assessment (incl.
Continuing Subsequent Procedures (2.2.1.c.1)) - Justine Chew"

(2) item g. UA Predictability - Christopher Wilkinson -- I'm not sure what
UA Predictability actual refers to as UA and Predictability are two
separate sections, so perhaps amend this to read as just "g. Predictability
& Clarity of Application Process - Justine Chew"? since I have reviewed the
questions on both the Predictability Framework and Clarity of Application
Process.

Following these changes, *attached for download
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uW2dRKKGZPx7Lm7JIIDBd_6zFGA4aRvy>* is a
set of slides capturing the draft responses that have been compiled for 4
sections of the SubPro Initial Report of:

   - 2.2.1: Continuing Subsequent Procedures (PR 2.2.1.c.1 only) (which is
   related to 2.2.3)  [ bookmark
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlGb86PXT50tYN33WHtwi94trFpoAoB6r63O_v6ATn0/edit#bookmark=id.paymoh5rabfu>
   ]
   - 2.2.2: Predictability [ bookmark
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlGb86PXT50tYN33WHtwi94trFpoAoB6r63O_v6ATn0/edit#bookmark=id.3qi13aszr2ay>
   ] & 2.2.2.2 Clarity of Application Process [ bookmark
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlGb86PXT50tYN33WHtwi94trFpoAoB6r63O_v6ATn0/edit#bookmark=id.ukz285jlqvc5>
   ]
   - 2.2.3: Applications Assessed in Rounds [ bookmark
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlGb86PXT50tYN33WHtwi94trFpoAoB6r63O_v6ATn0/edit#bookmark=id.a2q8lj8hw0xs>
   ]
   - 2.8.1: Objections [ bookmark
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlGb86PXT50tYN33WHtwi94trFpoAoB6r63O_v6ATn0/edit#bookmark=id.2zkj4sdtmdov>
   ]

I invite feedback to said draft responses via:
(1) comments capture during the call; or
(2) if to be given after the call, the respective bookmark links to a
googledoc (please access using a bookmark link, then scroll up or down to
the preliminary recommendation, option or question to which you wish to
input).

As for the topics of Applicant Support, and Community
Applications/Prioritization, I have many able colleagues who could be
called upon to provide an update to both.

Thanks,

Justine Chew
-----