[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Board resolution regarding .amazon

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 15:57:31 UTC 2018

Intriguing for sure.  I'm zeroing in on the language of the resolution,
specifically "*sharing the use of those top-level domains with the ACTO
member states*".

Until someone can show and convince me that the string existed at the
second level in quiet possession without damage alleged to the cultural
heritage and said string as trademark is registered in said states without
wreaking havoc on the cultural heritage associated, that claim was weak, at
best.

The kerfuffle gets real if you follow the money. The value of the string is
accrued and accounted only if it is delegated.

Since any solution that emerge is likely commercial, maybe this is
indicating acceptance of a tithing model as per Amazon the company giving a
little bit of the value of each transaction to member states as they now do
with the Amazon Smile initiative; you shop and they donate to the
customer's selected charitable organisation. Or, fraught as that might be,
Amazon the company collects a use tax on behalf of the member states.

Putting up a web page that extols the many Amazonian virtues cannot be it!

Get the acceptable dollar figure in objective and work the edges. It really
isn't that hard, once we remove the cloak of Potiphar's wife!

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*