[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Draft ALAC Statement on Proposal for the Framework of a Possible Unified Access Model

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at benjemaa.com
Thu Sep 20 10:54:08 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I didn’t want to comment before I read the proposed UAM, Greg proposed statement and Christopher comments.
I would like first to thank Greg for the comprehensive statement and the analysis he made. A huge work even if I find it not a statement of ALAC to advise the board or to comment on the ICANN org proposal during a public comment period, but a too long advocating text that can be useful for internal discussion.
When we make such long document, there will likely be almost none to read it. I think a more focused and direct to the point statement would be much more efficient.
To the content, I have to agree with Christopher remarks. I also have reservation on registry operators to be required to provide access. For the record, Verisign has only thin whois of dot com, so, registries don’t have always all collected data. And why we need to distribute the responsibility of giving access? I think Registrars only should be required to give access.

Tijani BEN JEMAA
Executive Director
Phone: +216 98 330 114
             +216 52 385 114