[CPWG] renewal of .org registry

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 19:48:13 UTC 2019

I am against any price changes being allowed for legacy domains and I know
that the DotAsia Board hasn't authorised any price hikes and we don't have
a cap. The recent suggestions of price caps have provided focus on these so
that there is a little bit of scaremongering (or "raising awareness" as
George prefers to call it) going on I suspect.

  .org is used by NGOs who would be sorely affected if the cost of  the
domain rose significantly.  Interestingly Im on the PIR Advisory Committee
and we haven't been notified by the PIR Board of the implications are of a
price cap for .org or what their intentions are.

Maureen