[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Discussion: End-users definition from At-large perspective

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Aug 10 11:05:51 UTC 2019

Dear Tijani,

On 09/08/2019 09:57, Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:
> On the other hand, a lot of our members are also NCUC members, what I
> raised in the past explaining that this is not fair because they
> influence the decision making from 2 entries.I asked that at least,
> someone with a position in one of the 2 constituencies (ALAC and NCUC)
> can’t be at the same time a member of the other constituency. But I
> wasn’t heard.

I must admit that I have real trouble understanding your position. It
appears that you are not happy that our members have more influence in
ICANN because they are able to contribute in more than one constituency?
I would have thought that having more influence is exactly what we would
like end users to have.
Or perhaps we'd like less influence and be dragged in stupid turf wars.
Divide and conquer to waste out times.
Kindest regards,

Olivier