[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Discussion: End-users definition from At-large perspective

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Sat Aug 10 16:52:06 UTC 2019

Olivier,
Why don’t you say that the others are trying to influence our decision and have more influence?
With the Empowered Community, its 5 components have one vote each, and influencing the decision in 2 of them by the same person is just unfair.
But you have to explain me how this may drag us in stupid turf wars. Divide and conquer to waste out times????????
For your information, I’m one of those who have always tried to build trust with the other constituencies.

Tijani

> Le 10 août 2019 à 12:05, Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> a écrit :
>
> Dear Tijani,
>
> On 09/08/2019 09:57, Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:
>> On the other hand, a lot of our members are also NCUC members, what I raised in the past explaining that this is not fair because they influence the decision making from 2 entries.I asked that at least, someone with a position in one of the 2 constituencies (ALAC and NCUC) can’t be at the same time a member of the other constituency. But I wasn’t heard.
>
> I must admit that I have real trouble understanding your position. It appears that you are not happy that our members have more influence in ICANN because they are able to contribute in more than one constituency? I would have thought that having more influence is exactly what we would like end users to have.
> Or perhaps we'd like less influence and be dragged in stupid turf wars. Divide and conquer to waste out times.
> Kindest regards,
>
> Olivier

Tijani BEN JEMAA