[CPWG] Fwd: [hrpc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-i

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Dec 11 23:36:13 UTC 2019

Dear Bill, all,

knowing how many feel in the IETF community, asking the IETF to broaden
this document to include ICANN will be met with opposition. After all,
this is an Internet Draft meant for the IETF Process.

One bit did, however, make me smile. I quote:

End users are not necessarily a homogenous group; they might have
   different views of how the Internet should work, and might occupy
   several roles, such as a seller, buyer, publisher, reader, service
   provider and consumer.  An end user might be browsing the Web,
   monitoring remote equipment, playing a game, video conferencing with
   colleagues, sending messages to friends, or performing an operation
   in a remote surgery theatre.  They might be "at the keyboard", or
   represented by software indirectly (e.g., as a daemon).

"End users might be represented by software indirectly". A "daemon" is
an automated program that runs tasks in the background of a computer.
Thus this paragraph appears to note that some "end users" could be
represented by a piece of software". I wonder how many people in
At-Large are actually pieces of software? Should we subject members to a
Turing Test? :-)
Kindest regards,

Olivier