[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] Ex New gTLDs - interesting to read

Evan Leibovitch evanleibovitch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 20:49:32 UTC 2019

Thanks for this, Sebastien. Interesting indeed.

The only real surprise is how At-Large continues to support the continued
expansion of gTLDs in the face of clear evidence of failure of the last
iteration. Tweak a priority here and a criteria there, ALAC says, and it's
all OK so far as the world of internet users is concerned.

At very least we have an obligation to our bylaw-defined constituency to
demand that ICANN justify this folly before we even participate. But not
even that is worth asserting, apparently...

We're the last bastion of critical pushback against what ICANN has become,
but have abdicated in full public view. Disgraceful.

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto
@evanleibovitch/@el56