[CPWG] Sub.pro. WT5 -- PR#12

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Fri Jan 18 22:52:01 UTC 2019

Please can we have some more feedback on this item either *on the list
or on the google.doc**
*

*https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BQIg8Y2igjRmTDHbmBr-ahuovp7EXrOBwa6SArEB2K0/edit#*

**

    *Preliminary Recommendation 12*

/Work Track 5 recommends continuing to consider the following category a
geographic name requiring government support at the top level.
Applications for these strings must be accompanied by documentation of
support or non-objection from the relevant governments or public
authorities:/

//

/●     An application for any string that is an exact match of a
sub-national place //name, such as a county, province, or state, listed
in the ISO 3166-2 standard./

****

**

Our current draft response reads: The ALAC supports Preliminary
Recommendation 12 for continuing the requirement that all applications
for these strings be accompanied by documentation of support or
non-objection from the relevant governments or public authorities
without exception and irrespective of any statements of intended use of
the string.

**

We have, on hand, one disagreement with this draft response.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BQIg8Y2igjRmTDHbmBr-ahuovp7EXrOBwa6SArEB2K0/edit#

Thanks

Justine and Marita

**