[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Message to CPWG from Joanna Kulesza, Co-Chair of CBWG

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:18:00 UTC 2019

I would not recommend Greg's -1 and 0 for valuable f2f time.

Maybe if the objective is to reach a wandering itinerant lot of locals at
Kobe, then yes. Here's the thing though. That kind is not ordinarily
attracted to policy work, it being the ultimate objective here.

In my view the f2f must be reserved for activities that hard sell the WG
concept and the active WGs.

I can speak authoritatively for the folks who participate from the
Caribbean specifically and maybe, with an outward reach, the Global South.
They tend to be, by education and practicum, already hip to the baseline;
take a quick scan of the typical profile.  In fact, it makes sense to
accept that their very presence in the conversation signal this baseline
knowledge. Suggest you provide virtuals for those who might need a
refresher.

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*