[CPWG] EPDP Phase II early input

Ricardo Holmquist rihogris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 16:09:24 UTC 2019

Dear Hadia,
there was discussion in Kobe, with people of the GNSO that was very
interesting. Most of the discussion was related to the questions you are
posting.
My particular resume of the discussion is that yes, an Access to the data
for the Legal entities (police forces, Interpol, etc..) must be provided,
also, there must be a balance in the Human Rights protection side. This
side is the one I don´t see pictured in the questions.

For almost all of the European Countries they do not consider their police
forces, or legal system an enemy to fight, at the worst a big brother over
watching everything. But in autocratic regimes, given an express right to
the police forces to access the Data is putting in jeopardy the entire
Human Rights defenders, even the political opposition.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ricardo Holmquist