[CPWG] EPDP Phase II early input

Hadia El Miniawi hadiaminiawi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 05:08:35 UTC 2019

Dear Ricardo,

Thank you for your comment which I find very important. However, you must remember that different parties have different legal bases for disclosure to rely on. So the question is what are the legal basis that police forces rely on for disclosure and under what circumstances are those legal basis valid. The discussion that you attended that assumed there would be an express ride to police forces is not correct. Also keep in mind that if the legal basis for processing the data is 61(f) a balance of interests is required however we should keep in mind that 6 1(f) cannot be used by public authorities in the performance of their tasks. You could also refer to article 23 of the GDPR for further information. Finally I would note that the human rights balance is assured through the GDPR which any policy or recommendation the team comes up with should comply with. Also the questions posted are simply the charter questions, but I would kindly ask you to form a question that would satisfy your concern so that we could put it forward for discussion. Thanks again

Kind Regards
Hadia

Sent from my iPhone