[CPWG] resources for multistakeholder discussion -- CPWG mtg

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Tue May 21 19:32:27 UTC 2019

Colleagues -- here is an expanded slide deck to support our
multistakeholder discussions in the CPWG meeting tomorrow. Suggestions
from last week's meeting have been added. I would only be dealing with a
subset of these slides tomorrow -- namely the slides around category 2
-- process.

Just as a reminder -- I boiled the 21 issues down to 4 issues:
structural, process, participation and intergroup issues.  The
suggestions around intergroup relations that were made in the last
meeting are in the slides but here they are waiting for further input:

-- that a definition of multistakeholder processes be developed and that
it be a key part of on-boarding activities
-- that consensus be clearly defined and that all parties to a policy
process commit to the the goal of achieving consensus
--  that a culture of trust be supported by consequences for publicly
disparaging other groups -- such as referring incidents to the ombuds
office
-- that power inequities be addressed (too vague and would need more
detail if we keep it)
--  a commitment by ICANN to fully address the resource needs (both
financial and human resources) of volunteer groups working in the SO/AC
communities (this might be too contentious – making ourselves a target
-- yet does indicate our desire for fairness across the board)

Marita