[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] reference list re: amazon PICs

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Oct 2 16:58:23 UTC 2019

Hello all,

on today's CPWG call, it was suggested that actually providing a
response saying we have no consensus on this in our community, is more
desirable than seemingly being absent from the debate altogether.
Pointing out the lack of consensus in our community is valuable
information if only because it removes the point that some will gladly
attribute specific points to view to communities that are not represented.
As a result, the action item for this was:

The ALAC needs to convey that it understands the importance of
the Amazon Public Interest Commitments (PICs) 2019
<https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+Amazon+Public+Interest+Commitments+%28PICs%29+2019>
issue and has discussed it at length, but that there is no consensus on
the ALAC and in the At-Large Community on the topic. Evin Erdogdu
<https://community.icann.org/display/~evin.erdogdu> to check on how to
file (informal) comment on the issue (either from Maureen Hilyard
<https://community.icann.org/display/~maureen.hilyard> or from staff
account).

Kindest regards,

Olivier

p.s. It is also worth re-reading the comment that was made a while ago
already on the topic itself, which you can find on the (archived)
BestBits Web site and which several LACRALO ALSes signed to.
https://bestbits.net/amazon/

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html