[CPWG] PIR sale…

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Fri Jan 3 19:17:47 UTC 2020

To be clear, I haven't "figured out" anything. Here's what I see:

  1.  #SaveDotOrg is in active recruitment mode. Thanks to Evan, I was introduced to them so that I could better understand their positions and perhaps gain their feedback on any advice we might deliver to the board.
  2.  EFF is one of the founding members of #SaveDotOrg
  3.  EFF is made up primarily of lawyers who take folks to court to protect our civil liberties. They are very good and generally very process oriented.
  4.  The NRO is regarded as an organization free of conflicts when it comes to domain name policy. They are who I would recruit.
  5.  The interesting wording in their letter "We have therefore agreed to issue an Inspection Request to ICANN..."
  6.  ​Kevin Murphy seems to be suspecting something similar when he says "makes me wonder (aloud, it seems) whether the ASO had received any nudges from other members of the EC before filing the request."

I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with it but I'm always interested in the genesis of such a, as Alan put it, "historic action." Make sense?
Jonathan