[CPWG] PIR sale…

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 16:58:19 UTC 2020

Hi Jonathan,

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Fri, 3 Jan 2020, 20:17 Jonathan Zuck, <JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org>
wrote:.

>    1. The interesting wording in their letter "We have therefore agreed
>    to issue an Inspection Request to ICANN..."

SO: That section is actually referring to the 5 RIRs which makes up the NRO
agreeing within themselves to issue the request.

>    1. ​Kevin Murphy seems to be suspecting something similar when he says
>    "makes me wonder (aloud, it seems) whether the ASO had received any
>    nudges from other members of the EC before filing the request."

SO: The letter was actually written by the ASO EC themselves(note not the
ASO AC) as it is the Chair of the EC that is a member of the empowered
community[1].

Regards
1.
https://www.nro.net/accountability/aso-and-icann-accountability/icann-empowered-community/

>    1.
>
> I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with it but I'm always
> interested in the genesis of such a, as Alan put it, "historic action."
> Make sense?

Jonathan