[CPWG] DNS Abuse Videos

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org
Sat Mar 14 15:48:22 UTC 2020

Hey folks, thanks for attending the session on DNS Abuse: An At-Large Call to Action.  Those videos are no-longer available on the ICANN site because they were never meant to be permanent but rather a means to deliver the presentation over diverse channels to be as inclusive as possible. If you’d still like to get back to them or link to them,  you can do so here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qgbg574e23vx214/AAC_xY8fIeY6v49AR6AoFCpGa?dl=0

The audience is obviously folks who are part of the At-Large Community. They aren’t really meant for “the public,” as they make too many obscure references to something called ICANN and At-Large, the DNS, among others.  The video is too long for the typical viewer and before we make things public we need to check copyrights (I did only the ,ost cursory check of Google licensing tags!), cite references, etc. and, above all, target the material to the public (ie individual end users). We had a formula we used in my consulting days in the 90’s: Audience+Purpose=Design. I’ll start a separate thread on that topic.

I DO recommend sharing them  on RALO and ALS lists as they are intended to get our folks spun up and excited about the At-Large taking a leadership role on this topic!

On a “technical” level , they represent a proof of concept of how the At-Large can produce content without involving Comms or other  outside resources.  While it might not  be as slick as the animated “explainer videos” we often see online, it was created in about 3 hours because of the rush for interpretation.  There’s a LOT more that can be done in your favorite slide tool such as PowerPoint, Keynote and Google Slides. The animated Venn diagram in the Policy Platform slides is a good example. I’ll probably create some kind of tutorial on how we might do videos from At-Large and create some kind of template.

In any case, I’m glad folks liked the hint of what we can do on our own and are inspired to do more!

Jonathan Zuck |  Executive Director  |  Innovators Network
jzuck at innovatorsnetwork.org<mailto:jzuck at innovatorsnetwork.org> | O 202.420.7497 | S jvzuck |
[cid:image001.png at 01D2AEED.C7EA7800]