[CPWG] Domain Name Abuse... potentially

Bill Jouris b_jouris at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 19:03:23 UTC 2020

Basically, if you buy a domain name in the hopes of reselling it, that's a non-problem.  Definitely not, in itself, abuse.  An irritation, for some.  And a potential problem.  But not yet one.
However, if you take one of those names, and use it to misrepresent yourself (specifically your site) as someone/something you are not, that is abuse.  Also fraud.  The question to my mind is, is that problem better addressed as DNS abuse?  Or via the existing legal system as fraud?  Which, I suppose, depends in part on how well the legal system can deal with fraud on an international level in an interconnected world.
Bill Jouris

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 8:03 AM, Jonathan Zuck<JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org> wrote:   _______________________________________________
CPWG mailing list