[CPWG] Calif. AG mentions ALAC advice in note to ICANN re: PIR

David Mackey mackey361 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 19:35:04 UTC 2020

It's hard to see the words "There is mounting concern that ICANN is no
longer responsive to the needs of its stakeholders." as being positive for
ICANN without thoughtful reflection.

It also seems that the position of the California Attorney General aligns
better with the dissent voiced in the At-Large CPWG email thread
discussions, rather than the advice that was eventually given to the board.

The final .ORG decision may over, but I hope there's opportunity for a
discussion on how to improve the At-Large consensus process.

It appears the dissent voices raised in this email group did, in fact, have
merit and were not easily dismissed outside the At-Large community as being
merely "passionate".

It might be a good idea to see how we as a community can better encapsulate
dissent and non-consensus into our process.