[CPWG] GAC Statement on the EPDP Addendum

Roberto Gaetano mail.roberto.gaetano at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:03:47 UTC 2020

I have a different point of view - closer to Olivier’s.
I believe that the GAC has indeed a clear view of the situation, that is far than perfect, and it is exactly because of this that they ask for some rules. If there were no people registering for criminal purposes, no “understanding" by some registrars that these criminal activities can be profitable for them, and I can continue… there will be no need for rules.
Rules are needed not because the world is imperfect, and GAC knows it. We need a tool to help distinguishing between good and evil behaviour.
To go to an extreme example, every jurisdiction that I know has a “rule” against murder. Are they all living in a bubble? Don’t they know that some people will kill anyway?
Cheers,
R.