[CPWG] Calif. AG mentions ALAC advice in note to ICANN re: PIR

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sat May 9 21:42:20 UTC 2020

Maureen,

If I were you I would not be so quick to remind. That not a single ALAC
member expressed disapproval of advice that was against the overwhelming
opinion of the public, and eventually on the wrong side of history, ought
not be casually brought out as a source of pride. As far as I'm concerned
this vote is the all-time low point in ALAC's service to ICANN and the
community it claims to serve. It will probably be used in the future as
part of a reasoned challenge to ALAC's legitimacy.

For the January 2020 ALAC Advice on ISOC/PIR Issue
> <https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+ISOC+Sells+PIR>,
> unanimously in favor: *15Y, 0N, 0A*
>
> For the March 2020 ALAC submission to PIR public comment
> <https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+ALAC+Feedback+to+PIR+Public+Comment+Proceeding>,
> unanimously in favor: *15Y, 0N, 0A*

- Evan