[CPWG] Subsequent Procedures: Call for comments on Topic 23: Closed Generics (aka Exclusive Generics)

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Sep 10 13:23:23 UTC 2020

Hi there. I would also support the Greenberg, Kleinman, Shatan and
Sadowski proposal as a way to move forward on this issue. It is pretty
well outlined. I am not in favour of "private gTLD's" as Christopher
calls them which is a way to corner the market on a particular
item/service. But I could see a good public interest use for a few top
level names -- i.e. something that would put all information about
refugees and refugee services around the world in one place -- maybe
administered by the U.N. Just a possible example.

Helpful?

Marita