[CPWG] Statement on ODP Concept Paper v2.0

Justine Chew justine.chew at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 02:50:10 UTC 2021

Hi Alan,

I agree with your approach to the ALAC comment.

The earlier proposed Design Feedback Group in the ODP concept paper v1,
while seemingly bureaucratic in nature, did offer recognized opportunities
for stakeholders outside those represented in the GNSO Council to intercede
(where needed) in the manner ICANN Org takes issues of implementation
planning to the ICANN Board. This is an important point. And I am also a
little concerned with how the approach (to be) taken in this ODP paper v2
would ultimately set a precedent for considering implementation planning of
policy recommendations coming down the line, such as those for RPMs and
SubPro.

Justine