[CPWG] ALAC Advice

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Jun 14 16:00:58 UTC 2021

The bylaw mandate is clear and unambiguous; ALAC is to represent the
interests of end-users to the Board.

All else -- PDPs, CCWGs and all the other alphabet soup -- is and must be
secondary. Its participation in the rest of these groups may be useful but
cannot undermine the primary task of informing the Board. In these cases
ALAC sets its own frames of references, its own definitions, and its own
assumptions; it is not, and must not, be biased by of the pressures of
other constituencies.

The contracted parties give ICANN its money, but the world at large (who
will never buy a domain) gives ICANN its legitimacy.
Let's please not forget this.

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56