[CPWG] Transfer Policy Review Team: Question about the 60-days lock

gopal at annauniv.edu gopal at annauniv.edu
Wed Nov 10 05:18:53 UTC 2021

Dear  Steinar Grøtterød,

Thank you for the queries.

My reference for this discussion is:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

ICANN's mandatory verification process of any details is of paramount
importance.

#1:

The initial registration is frozen after a grace period. Hence I support
the
60 - Day Lock - in for any further changes / transfers.

#2:

I suppose this.

#3: Registrar Only ?

Transfer is only through the Registrar.

#4:

Registrants cannot transfer.

Quick Notes:

Assumption:

Contact Updates and Transfers are separate. Contact Updates have the
opt-out provision
even now. Transfers do not.

Registrar & Registrant

If one opts-out of the transfer lock for contact update, one will not
have to wait 60 days to transfer it. But
one will still have to wait for any other transfer lock to lapse.

Whois Privacy updates are exempt from such lock-ins.

Questions for a quick check:

How does one ensure that there are no other locks ?

Are there any Generic Top Level Domains (gTLD) and Country Codes that
are
not effected by this policy?

Sincerely,

Gopal T V