[CPWG] Transfer Policy Review Team: Question about the 60-days lock

Steinar Grøtterød steinar at recito.no
Wed Nov 10 07:45:49 UTC 2021

Dear Gopal,

Thanks for your input.

Re Q3: The 60-days transfer lock after initial registration and successful transfer is today implemented in the Inter-Registrar transfer Policy. The majority of the Registries have these locks included in their RRA, but there is an option to change the 60-days lock policy in a reviewed inter-registrar policy.

Re Q4: Similar to the present option to opt-out of a transfer lock after change of registrant (COR), a reviewed inter-transfer policy can give the option for the Registrant to opt-out of the transfer locks. However, the Registrar may define in their Terms of service that an opt-out cannot be done even though the Registry allow this.

Another question is whether 60 days is the right number of days. It could be higher or lower.

Sorry for confusing wording. My intention was to get some feedback from CPWG.

Regards,
Steinar Grøtterød