[CPWG] Transfer Policy Review Team: Question about the 60-days lock

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at donnerhacke.de
Wed Nov 10 11:29:06 UTC 2021

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 02:44:09PM +0530, gopal--- via CPWG wrote:
> The rationale for 60 days for all as I understand :

That's the same understanding I have.

> The original registrant is very likely to notice the problem during the
> 60-day window and alert the authorities about the issue. A domain that
> has been transferred is also a lot harder to reclaim.
[...]
> Keeping the number of days same for all makes business sense to me.

Yep.

> Need clarification on : Change of Contact Details of the Registrant.

Personally I have not problem in chaning the contract details earlier.

In many cases this change is more important, than the change of the
registrar, because something in the ownership did really changed. It does
also make complain handling easier, i.e. if you have to complain in the name
of a company, which does not longer exist. The authorities will become
confused ...