[CPWG] Transfer Policy Review Team: Question about the 60-days lock

gopal at annauniv.edu gopal at annauniv.edu
Wed Nov 10 09:14:09 UTC 2021

The transfer will automatically complete within the five (5) day waiting
period.

The rationale for 60 days for all as I understand :

Once a domain name hijacking has been discovered, the responses to it
tend to vary.
The registrar is sometimes able to return the registration to its
original state.

However, if the domain name was transferred to a different registrar,
this can prove to be difficult. This is especially true if the registrar
is in a different country. There have been many cases where the original
owner of
the domain has not been able to regain control over a domain that was
hijacked.

ICANN mandates that 60 days makes the process of hijacking a domain a
real tough task.

The original registrant is very likely to notice the problem during the
60-day window and
alert the authorities about the issue. A domain that has been
transferred is also a lot harder
to reclaim.

This method reduces the risk of domain hijacking.

Keeping the number of days same for all makes business sense to me.

Need clarification on : Change of Contact Details of the Registrant.

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302
https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/57545