[CPWG] Transfer Policy Review Team: Question about the 60-days lock

gopal at annauniv.edu gopal at annauniv.edu
Thu Nov 18 04:38:58 UTC 2021

Dear All,

I am only thinking aloud and technically I relish all tunable parameters
in large dynamical systems like what ICANN has been very admirably
working with.

The specific case in point in the 17 November meeting has been the "opt
- out" choice.

Being deterministic in large systems give a veneer of assurance that
things are not
likely to slip into chaotic state. No guarantee as one who is hell bent
in breaking
in will eventually do so.

Also, homogeneity is a better recipe for chaotic conditions.

Hence, where possible I would strongly urge to include choice such as
the one indicated
in the attached screen - shot.

This way we get a voluntary buy-in from a core stakeholder segment.
Things become managerial
and what is being looked for is a numane approach in dealing with
conditions that have gone awry.

My humble submission: When things go awry, Ethics First and Legal Next

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302
https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/57545
https://www.facebook.com/gopal.tadepalli

PS: I am sorry if using the screenshots of the Registrar and Registrant
screens
is not permissible in ICANN presentations. I have not seen any in the
past three years
from within ICANN.
Dr. T V Gopal
Professor