[CPWG] Interesting domain theft statistic

gopal at annauniv.edu gopal at annauniv.edu
Wed Nov 24 08:03:38 UTC 2021

Many thanks Dr. Alan Greenberg.

Realistic Possibility:

If the domain is shifted to another registrar after getting stolen, can
one
do anything at all ?

A case study:

A domain was originally purchased in early 2011 from a US-based domain
registrar.
The company got in transition multiple times and got split in multiple
child companies,
a few acquisitions and again some split for country-wise branches during
which this
domain information got misplaced, rather lost.

This flaw was exploited and somehow bought the domain and put it up on
an auction.

It took full 90 days to repair the damage.

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302
https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/57545
https://www.facebook.com/gopal.tadepalli

PS: How much ever it is attempted to note down the information sources
for
authenticity, the gist gets used in academics.
Dr. T V Gopal
Professor
College of Engineering
Anna University