[CPWG] APOLOGY NOTED: REMINDER | Meeting invitation: At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Call on Wednesday, 06 October 2021 at 13:00 UTC

Devan Reed devan.reed at icann.org
Wed Oct 6 14:52:11 UTC 2021

Dear Sivasubramanian,

Your apologies are noted. The recordings will be posted shortly for your review.

Safe travels!
Kind regards,
Devan Reed

From: CPWG <cpwg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of CPWG <cpwg at icann.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 7:49 AM
To: "lists at christopherwilkinson.eu" <lists at christopherwilkinson.eu>
Cc: CPWG <cpwg at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [CPWG] REMINDER | Meeting invitation: At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Call on Wednesday, 06 October 2021 at 13:00 UTC

Interesting, important topics, but apologies, I am on road.

Sivasubramanian M

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021, 22:29 lists--- via CPWG <cpwg at icann.org<mailto:cpwg at icann.org>> wrote:
Good evening:

Thankyou, all.  I agree with Judith. As my original message indicated, today, this is not mainly about the technical interfaces between the DNS (ICANN) and the Social media neetworks (FB). It is about informed - or otherwise - public perception. So,  i maintain my request for OCTO to say something concrete that we can use locally, soon. .(EN/FR/ES, please)

Meanwhile, I ask to maintain the Social Media point on the CPWG agenda tomorrow.  Themes:

- Internet architecture: No single point of failure; That principle was one of the best proitections of users' interests;

- DNS abuse - in the light of today's US Congressional Hearings on Facebook.

Regards

CW