[CPWG] ICANN position on the Facebook outage

sivasubramanian muthusamy 6.internet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 07:22:05 UTC 2021

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021, 13:11 Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:

> Dear Bill,
>
> I think we've established that how Facebook is running its networks is not
> ICANN's problem, but ICANN should make this clear in some form of blog or
> public posting so as to decline responsibility of the DNS infrastructure in
> this incident. You'll be surprised how many ignorant

decision makers might be swayed by arguments

I missed that part when I mentioned that ICANN could *examine* this issue.
Now aware of possible distortions.

that such incidents prove that Governments should be running the "critical
> resources".

ICANN's business is limited to making sure that TLDs are run in a reliable