[CPWG] Questions to the board about distributed DNS

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:00:14 UTC 2022

We need to examine available information such as:
-Whether OCTO has or is looking to change its position from the relevant
paper it published in April 2022 on this topic, in light of developments
with blockchain etc etc
-Whether SSAC has or is working on an opinion on the topic (outside of
NCAP, for which alt DNS is out of scope)

Do you have or can you collect some actual data to support your remark
of "*Some
ICANN accredited registrars sell some blockchain DNS based gTLDs,"*?

Kind regards,
Justine