[CPWG] Are Blockchain Domains within the Mission of ICANN - WAS RE: Questions to the board about distributed DNS

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Aug 25 23:06:37 UTC 2022

+1 Eduardo.

Out of scope, but ALAC should keep an eye on it in case there are any
issues that affect end-users.
Most likely any potential conflicts and collisions will either never
materialize or be out of sight of Internet users.

This IMO should be the extent of our involvement in this issue. To go
beyond this is to amplify the fear-mongering that exploiters seek in order
to pressure ICANN to get their way.

- Evan