[CPWG] How do network blocks arise as a result of sanctions?

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at donnerhacke.de
Sat Jun 25 22:15:37 UTC 2022

We had the discussion about Domain Abuse on #ICANN74. Especially at the
ISPCP meeting the question arose, if "removing domains" from the underlying
system qualifies as "alternate name space".

With the EU sanctions against Russia (due to the unilateral war against
Ukraine), this issue became a legal struggle to european ISPs.

Here the current state of the process in Germany. This time we have some US
based streaming providers on the list.

https://lutz.donnerhacke.de/eng/Blog/How-do-network-blocks-arise-as-a-result-of-sanctions