[CPWG] Are Blockchain Domains within the Mission of ICANN - WAS RE: Questions to the board about distributed DNS

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 19:51:06 UTC 2022

I would not wish to speak for Evan but having sat with him on the ALAC, I
can tell you he has argued fiercely - and consistently - in opposition to
the ALAC being a "hood ornament" to the ICANN multistakeholder model.

That is from our assessment - and jointly held belief - we should resist
the role seemingly designed for the At-Large; a fig leaf for the dominant
and pole position of domainer/industry interests in ICANN's affairs.

Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*