[CPWG] Are Blockchain Domains within the Mission of ICANN - WAS RE: Questions to the board about distributed DNS

Chokri Ben Romdhane chokribr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:33:06 UTC 2022

Hi Evan,

"The alternative to tolerance is reciprocity or other punitive measures,
which will only make the fragmentation worse."

Indeed  and the cryptocurrency is a good example, if the OFAC
<https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/office-of-foreign-assets-control-sanctions-programs-and-information>
had the ability to censure some Ethereum  currency
<https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0916>,
<https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0916>  they did not have
this capability with Bitcoin based currency since  it would be difficult to
pinpoint responsibility at any  level .

Friendly regards
Chokri