[CPWG] Fwd: [Policy] Name Space Fragmentation

gopal gopal at annauniv.edu
Mon Dec 4 01:24:39 UTC 2023

Thank you Olivier.
A related article "Ethereum Name Service: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" at:
https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2104.05185
As you would appreciate, mapping "human - readable names" to "machine processable format" is a known challenge. Centralization Vs Decentralization or Distributed is also a known challenge. It has been nice interacting with you on the Root Zone Servers.

There are several alternatives to Ethereum Name Service (ENS) such as Unstoppable Domains that allows users to register .crypto domains on the Ethereum and Zilliqa blockchains.

I draw good lessons from the "Web Services" that introduced  Universal Description, Discovery and Integration [UDDI] based on XML. ENS is a bit more closer to the Server than this approach. Many such ideas have to coexist with DNS. ENS is a specific structuring of connecting names.

Your thoughts...

Sincerely,

Gopal T V
0 9840121302