[CPWG] Krebs On Security - Phishing domains tanked in ccTLDs after Meta sued Freenom

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Mon May 29 14:47:52 UTC 2023

John

Freenom’s business model was to give domains away for free.

Most other ccTLDs, registries and registrars expect to get paid, so I don’t really see how you could draw parallels.

And brands etc., have sued registrars and registries in the past, so it’s not exactly “new”.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

I have sent this email at a time that is convenient for me. I do not expect you to respond to it outside of your usual working hours.