[CPWG] Google pushes .zip and .mov domains onto the Internet, and the Internet pushes back

David Mackey mackey361 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 11:45:33 UTC 2023

It's not really a debate about harm. Adding cognitive load to an end user
results in a wider attack plane enabling more DNS abuse which is bad for
end users.

Does this mean the ship has sailed on the fight against DNS Abuse?

I certainly hope not. End Users deserve a voice ... wherever the ship may
be.

Let's look at the reality found in Olivier's link ...

He then provided two URLs:
   https://github.com∕kubernetes∕kubernetes∕archive∕refs∕tags∕@v1271.zip

   and

   https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/archive/refs/tags/v1.27.1.zip
Market forces may be pushing a new product with no perceivable value, but
let's call it what it is. A product defect is a product defect.  Google is
playing a game with End User trust that At-Large should not follow.

Cheers,
David