[CPWG] Google pushes .zip and .mov domains onto the Internet, and the Internet pushes back

Khaled Koubaa khaled.koubaa at gmail.com
Tue May 30 12:48:47 UTC 2023

I don't work for Google nor speak on their behalf.
I checked the domains.google: I found that the price of the .zip is $15,
and there is a requirement for a .zip website to use HTTPS.
I don't think the SSL part could resolve the risk as anyone could obtain a
free SSL certificate nowadays, but the price is reasonably higher than a
.com
The focus should not be on the ".zip" but on reducing the risk for end
users. The solution could be at the browser level and the DNS level. Any
attempt to resolve this issue at the DNS level would consider the effect of
measures on the rest of the DNS.

Khaled Koubaa

Twitter : @koubaak <https://twitter.com/koubaak>

LinkedIn : linkedin.com/in/koubaak/ <http://www.linkedin.com/in/koubaak/>