[CPWG] The MEAC gTLDs markets (why wait until next year?)

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Fri Sep 15 15:04:08 UTC 2023

John

While I agree that the focus on the 3 Rs might be misplaced I’m not sure that it’s such a negative.
Wholesale registrars have resellers in pretty much every country and region. It’s not going to be economically to become accredited and carry gTLDs directly if you’re in a very small market. Conversely it’s not worth the investment for larger registrars to get directly accredited for many of the smaller or more complex ccTLDs.
ICANN, however, has always been fixated with the physical presence of registrars (and registries) in a particular market as if it was some kind of magical indicator.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

I have sent this email at a time that is convenient for me. I do not expect you to respond to it outside of your usual working hours.