[CPWG] Alternative Statement on .XXX Registry Renewal

Evan Leibovitch evanleibovitch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 15:14:16 UTC 2024

As we get closer to the submission deadline, Carlton and I have reviewed
the draft of the proposed ALAC response to the .XXX agreement renewal.

obligations and bring them inline with those of other gTLDs, ALAC's comment
counter-proposes five *new* requirements, including a third-party auditor
for provisions not demanded of others. It is outrageous and unabashedly
punitive in nature.

I consider both the results and rationale of the draft ALAC comment to be
as far from a true end-user perspective as could possibly be. So
irreconcilable are our own views with it that we have crafted our own
response for submission rather than try to word-tune the existing one.

As a courtesy and to inform the next GPWG meeting, a draft of our response
is available here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oDRSATHcjC-hDW9KrOheBLo497Y63DuZtHM4n0Of66s/edit?usp=sharing>.
We welcome comments and co-signatories.

--