[CPWG] Proposed response to the Change of Registrant Data (CORD) policy

Steinar Grøtterød steinar at recito.no
Fri Mar 29 08:11:47 UTC 2024

Dear all,

Attached is my proposed response to the CORD policy (PDF copy).

Please review the draft preliminary recommendations in detail.

Using the tables provided (starting on p.9 of the worksheet), please identify any recommendations you believe should be changed. The tables contemplate levels of support (or lack of support):

  *   Cannot live with the recommendation as written - this means that, unless significantly altered, your group cannot live with the text being included in the Initial Report
  *   Could live with, but would prefer a change
  *   Grammatical/typographical edits
  *   Support recommendation as written

All with the link to the Google doc (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kQzyDWRydL6r9lroP8LwMRIhwEqmvBEIHXxDcFX9GY8/edit?usp=sharing) can add comments. If you need access to write, please let me know.

GNSO-TPR working group members are instructed to get feedback from the group (At-Large), hence your input to the proposed CORD policy is of importance.

A key question is At-Large is in favor of enabling an opt out for mandatory notifications when there is a change of Registrant Data. Enabling the opt out for notification can be seen as a security risk. In my view, it should NOT be possible for Registrars to enable an opt out for notifications.

I will ask for 15-20 minutes to discuss this at the CPWG meeting on April 3, 2024.

Regards,

Steinar Grøtterød