[CWG-Stewardship] My concerns with the draft proposal and an alternative option

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Dec 3 06:54:52 UTC 2014

Alan,

Delegation, re-delegation or un-delegation of TLDs needs to be done in compliance with approved policy. So, even though the IANA functions operator has nothing to do with policy development or policy implementation, it is essential that policy development and policy implementation be done properly.  Therefore it seems to me that accountability of policy development and policy implementation are very much in scope for the IANA CWG.  Moreover the charter allows for that.  I think your view of Accountability CCWG Track 1 is much too narrow.

Chuck