[CWG-Stewardship] CWG - Public Comment summary for Wednesday December 3rd

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 21:10:28 UTC 2014

Seun,

I think you misunderstand.  No one is resisting the effort to capture all
comments.  Indeed, this is a core task that staff undertakes in any public
comment period.  So, your concerns are unfounded.

The objection was made only to releasing those "captured" comments in a
"daily log" format, out of concern we would give inappropriate weight to
these early comments versus comments that come later in the process.

Also, I think you are jumping to conclusions about what this conversation
is an "indication" of -- conclusions that conveniently fit with your
views.  I think this conclusion is unfounded as well.  Thinking that this
discussion about whether it's a good idea to review early comments somehow
reveals anyone's view of the draft proposal is meritless.

Greg