[CWG-Stewardship] authorization function for ccTLDs

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Dec 3 23:41:44 UTC 2014

+1

Chuck

From: cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org [mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Burr, Becky
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 5:40 PM
To: Erick Iriarte; Milton L Mueller
Cc: CWG Stewardship
Subject: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] authorization function for ccTLDs

The ccNSO is the source of delegation/revocation policy, based on multistakeholder processes, consensus, etc.  That is very different from making a judgment in any particular case whether the policy is being applied properly.  There are also complicated national law and jurisdictional issues that arise in the ccTLD context.  As a ccTLD operator and a gTLD operator, I would want the right to challenge any revocation/redel decision on a case by case basis.

J. Beckwith Burr
Neustar, Inc. / Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006
Office: + 1.202.533.2932  Mobile:  +1.202.352.6367  / becky.burr at neustar.biz<mailto:becky.burr at neustar.biz> / www.neustar.biz<http://www.neustar.biz>